No, I Don't Hate You!  

Posted by shadow15

Don't you just love this? In case you couldn't tell, it's 12 Zerglings attacking an undefended hive cluster. I think I hate you, Zergling.

This is a most horrible situation. You're just trying to get enough minerals to build a Sunken Colony when your opponent decides to cheese it with a million Zerglings. All hopes of a fun, hard fought game diminish within seconds as you watch your buildings explode into gross looking piles on the floor. All because of those dumb Zerglings. Of course, some times you just want to add another point to your global points list, and with that I can understand. Here are some Zergling facts:
This fun little things cost 50 bucks and come two to an egg. It's an immense headache during the first 15 minutes of the game, then it becomes virtually extinct. It lives and dies a sad little life. You know, the Zerg race makes the most disgusting sounds, "like squishing a cockroach" (we pronounce it 'cock-a-roach', even though Dictionary.com says its 'kok-roac''. Maybe it's the New York accent?).

I love this picture. The little Zergling running the final lap before its death. Somehow, it looks so happy and content with it's role in Brood War.

But what about us? What makes us select our larva and mutate into a Zergling? This desire of ours to unleash a little Zergling terror on the world is only satisfied for a little bit and then our thirst for blood must be satisfied by some other means. Say, Hydralisks, or to stretch it, Ultralisks. Ugh, those guys give me shudders.

To the otherwise neglected and underused Zergling: No, I don't hate you. You know I'll always love you, but right now (as you attack my undefended hive cluster) I just don't like you.

This entry was posted on 12:38 PM and is filed under , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Zerglings are a complete terror when fully upgraded. I have had many a game turn foul on me with a billion zerglings. They are cheap, come out twins and have a nasty sting to their claw-arms.

The key is to keep them forming a straight line. Like little school children in the yard assembling into lines, these jokers can be picked off one by one with missile attacks.

Micro-manage the little buggers and let them attack from all sides and its good bye cruel world.

I am trying to use Zergs but they are to squishy and pop easily.

YYYYYYYYeeeeeeeeeessssssss Zerglings live on my loves live on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!