Video Game History  

Posted by shadow15

We're avid video gamers. We don't play the bloody, gory games but we're still avid. Games like Call of Duty and.... StarCarft. Oh, no. Can't get me started on StarCraft.
Man, this game is so incredible, and here at home we've got it set up so we can play together from different rooms. I guess we've all got our own favorite race, but mines is Zerg. The awesome power of cheesing it with a million Hydralisks. Unlimited power. Really.

Anyway, we've all got our reps; who not to attack 'cause they'll obliterate you in an instant; who to attack because you'll obliterate them in an instant....stuff like that makes multiplayer gameplay with the same players over and over so fun.

Basically, Daddy (or Jesse, we're his kids so it's kinda weird to say Jesse), any way, he ranks high up the ladder and whenever we play we're all like: oh, no, Daddy's gonna build a million Carriers and wipe us out! So we huddle in our corners and build a million Photon Cannons to no avail. It's sad, really, but we have fun all the way.

Just today, we played StarCarft,(this is a daily thing for us) and it was a free for all. I'm building up my mass force, fending off measly attacks when suddenly we see something unexpected: jesse was eliminated. jesse had left the game.

For a full minute we sat with our jaws on the floor gawking at the incredibleness of that sentence. Never before, in a free for all, had Daddy been eliminated. Jessica and I were in the living room, Priscilla, Mateo and Daddy were in seperate rooms. Jessica and I looked at each other (subsequently looking at each others screens) in pure shock. Then, I got over it and slaughtered up Mateo and Priscilla. It was really, quite fun.

After watching the replay, Daddy wasn't well defended, at all, so he kinda just died when Mateo's Lurkers came and cut up everything in his path. I guess it's kinda over the top to say this was video game history, but for us, who's history is made while playing video games, this was, indeed video game history.

This entry was posted on 4:10 PM and is filed under , , , , , , , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

It is I the Defeated. Like all fallen great minds of war I forgot to defend and attack. As I pillaged and plundered Priscilla and Jessica's domains, a little gad fly caught me at my weakest. A day that will live in infamy!

I can't believe I got in while daddy was undefended. The victory was sweet but not as much seeing that I killed an undefended base.
The victory turned sourer when I was eliminated by Esther so sad.